YOU MAY SIGN UP THE DAY OF THE SHOW WITH A LATE FEE!
JUNIOR PROSPECT STEER FUTURITY
Co-CHAIRMEN: Everitt Parks and Chris Ackermann
COMMITTEE: Roy V. Gonzales, Albert Jonas, Bobby Jackson, Christy Bading,, Nick Tuttle, Mike Ransom, Paul Dockery
JUDGE: Brad Barrett
Competition open to current members of any FFA Chapter or 4 - H Club supervised by a county agent or Ag instructor within Comal and adjoining Counties. (Guadalupe, Bexar, Hays, Kendall and Blanco)
1. All exhibitors and steers are subject to the General Livestock Rules No. 1 - 22. Exhibitor must own the Steer entered.
2. Entry fee is $30. per head until Sept. 15th, $35, if entry accepted, after deadline. Barn Space is limited. Late entries must call before you haul. All entry fees after deadline must be cash. No Refunds.
3. Classes will be set up by weight. No minimum or maximum limits. No reweigh. See weighing schedule.
4. This is a “blow and go” show. No adhesives allowed.
4. Steers will be shown in the following classes: American, British, and European.
5. 70% of Jackpot entry fees to be prorated and paid out according to entries. Grand champion will be awarded a belt buckle.
6. Steers will be released for 2 hours after conclusion of their LAST class. Steers that do not depart during this time will be released Sunday morning from 8am – 9am
JR. SHOW SHOWMANSHIP CONTEST
Fee for Senior, Intermediate and Junior Showmanship is $5.00 per exhibitor that must be paid at the gate. No charge for Pee Wee.
Age Levels Awards
Pee Wee - second grade and under Ribbon
Junior. - third through fifth grades Buckle
Intermediate—6th-8th grades Buckle
Senior. - ninth through twelfth grades Buckle
In memory of long time friend and committee member, Weldon Brehmer, the Senior Beef Cattle Showmanship winner will receive a buckle and a $500 scholarship from the family of Weldon Brehmer.
All Animals must have been entered in the Market or Breeding division and owned by the exhibitor. Pee Wee ownership requirement will be waived, but the animal must have been entered in the division.
There must be at least 2 entries in each class to compete for the award.
Exhibitors may compete for Showmanship only once in any division.
All events are working to follow the CDC guidelines on proper COVID-19 restrictions. Please be advised events are subject to change depending on restrictions!