JUNIOR MARKET LAMB SHOW
CHAIRMAN: Doyle Parker
COMMITTEE: Carl Plant, Bobby Jackson
Competition open to current members of any FFA Chapter or 4 - H Club supervised by a county agent or Ag instructor within Comal and adjoining Counties. (Guadalupe, Bexar, Hays, Kendall and Blanco)
1. All exhibitors and lambs are subject to the General Livestock Rules No. 1 - 22. Exhibitor must own the lamb entered.
2. Entry fee is $20 per head until Sept. 15th, $25 after deadline.. All Entry fees after deadline must be cash. No Refunds.
3. Official weight will be recorded and classes will be split based on weight. See weighing schedule. No reweigh.
4. Lambs will be shown in the following classes and order: Southdown, Fine wool, Fine wool Cross, and Medium Wool. Lambs may be classified in the ring by the judge. Any lamb classified out will be allowed to move to the proper class
5. Wether and Ewe lambs eligible; must have baby teeth intact; must be slick shorn; No artificial coloring allowed.
6. 50% of entry fees will be prorated and paid out according to entries. Ribbons will be awarded for 1st - 10th place, and Grand champion will be awarded a belt buckle.
JR. SHOW SHOWMANSHIP CONTEST
Fee for Senior, Intermediate and Junior Showmanship is $5.00 per exhibitor that must be paid at the gate. No charge for Pee Wee.
Age Levels Awards
Pee Wee - second grade and under Ribbon
Junior. - third through fifth grades Buckle
Intermediate—6th-8th grades Buckle
Senior. - ninth through twelfth grades Buckle
In memory of long time friend and committee member, Weldon Brehmer, the Senior Beef Cattle Showmanship winner will receive a buckle and a $500 scholarship from the family of Weldon Brehmer.
All Animals must have been entered in the Market or Breeding division and owned by the exhibitor. Pee Wee ownership requirement will be waived, but the animal must have been entered in the division.
There must be at least 2 entries in each class to compete for the award.
Exhibitors may compete for Showmanship only once in any division.
All events are working to follow the CDC guidelines on proper COVID-19 restrictions. Please be advised events are subject to change depending on restrictions!