JUNIOR MARKET GOAT SHOW
COMMITTEE: Glenn Avriett; Ashton Hart
JUDGE: Maddie Ainsley
Competition open to current members of any FFA Chapter or 4 - H Club supervised by a county agent or Ag. instructor within Comal and adjoining Counties. (Guadalupe, Bexar, Hays, Kendall and Blanco)
1. All exhibitors and goats are subject to the General Livestock Rules No. 1 - 22. Exhibitor must own the goat entered.
2. Wether goats only of any breed or crossbreed may be shown. No doe will be shown.
3. Entry fee is $20 per head until Sept. 15th, $25 after deadline. All Entry fees after deadline must be cash. No Refunds.
4. Goats must weigh a minimum of 25 pounds. No upper weight limit. Weight cards will be provided by show. All weight cards must be turned in as stated on schedule. Classes will be divided by weight according to entries. Committee will designate class or classes to compete for Champion and Reserve of the Light Weight, Medium Weight and Heavy Weight divisions. The Weight Champions and Reserves will compete for Grand and Reserve Champion of the Show.
5. Baby teeth must be intact. Entries may be shown with halter or collar.
6. Goats must be shorn within 3/8 inch of skin or less above knee and hock joints. Goats must be dehorned or horns must be tipped prior to arrival. No artificial coloring allowed.
7. 50% of entry fees will be prorated and paid out according to entries. Ribbons will be awarded for 1st - 10th place, and Grand champion will be awarded a belt buckle
JR. SHOW SHOWMANSHIP CONTEST
Fee for Senior, Intermediate and Junior Showmanship is $5.00 per exhibitor that must be paid at the gate. No charge for Pee Wee.
Age Levels Awards
Pee Wee - second grade and under Ribbon
Junior. - third through fifth grades Buckle
Intermediate—6th-8th grades Buckle
Senior. - ninth through twelfth grades Buckle
In memory of long time friend and committee member, Weldon Brehmer, the Senior Beef Cattle Showmanship winner will receive a buckle and a $500 scholarship from the family of Weldon Brehmer.
All Animals must have been entered in the Market or Breeding division and owned by the exhibitor. Pee Wee ownership requirement will be waived, but the animal must have been entered in the division.
There must be at least 2 entries in each class to compete for the award.
Exhibitors may compete for Showmanship only once in any division.
Please be advised events are subject to change!