Definition of a Drover – A Shareholder who has been elected a member of the Comal County Fair Association by the Directors. Drovers have all of the rights and privileges of a Director except for the right to vote.(source: Code of Conduct Manual)
Drover - Drovers shall be elected annually by the Board of Directors at the April meeting and a person shall serve four full terms as a "Drover" prior to becoming eligible to be nominated as a Director of the Comal County Fair Association.
A Drover shall be assigned responsibility as a member of a Committee or various Committees, for the first two (2) years as a Drover, which he will be expected to fulfill diligently.
Except for the right to vote, a Drover shall have all other rights and privileges as a Director.
During tenure as a Drover a person shall be required to attend mandatory meetings, without a vote. A Drover who during the period of January 1 through December 31 of each year (hereinafter referred to as annual period) misses any two (2) meeting of the required meetings held on the third Wednesday of January, April, July, August and October each year without an excused absence will automatically be terminated.
To be nominated as a drover a person must be a shareholder of the Comal County Fair Association, sponsored by a current Director, nominated by the Nominating Committee and be approved by the Executive Board. (Source: CCFA Constitution)
DROVER Responsibilities (Source: Employee Handbook)
- Attend at least three (3) of the five (5) mandatory meetings each year.
- Work twenty (20) mandatory hours at qualified Fair events.
- Promote the Fair.
- Abide by the Code of Conduct, Privileges, Responsibilities and Procedures.
Drover Application Requirements: (Source: Code of Conduct)
- Purchase a share in the Association.
- Request a Drover application from the Association office.
- Complete the application, in its’ entirety.
- Obtain written sponsorship from a current Director.
- Submit application along with Director sponsorship and a photo to the Office by March 1st.
- The Nominating Committee will review all applicants and submit a list of it’s’ nominees to the Executive Board.
- The Executive Board may accept the list or modify it at its discretion.
- The approved list of nominees will be submitted, to the Directors, to be voted on at the April meeting.
- Drovers must reapply annually.
- Drovers who are reapplying are not required to submit Director sponsorship or a photo.